Registration in the Ship Book of Ukraine
Registration of merchant ships in the Ship Book of Ukraine shall be carried out by the harbour masters of sea ports and by Ukrmorrichinspektsiya, and fishing boats - by harbour masters of fishing ports and by Derzhrybagenstvo.
In the Ship Book of Ukraine shall be registered vessels, which are not subject to registration in the State Ship Registry of Ukraine, i.e.
- self-propelled vessels with the power of the main engines up to 55 kW;
- vessels with a gross tonnage up to 80 units.
Documents required for registration:
- a copy of the document confirming the ownership, or for vessels acquired via trade institutions or from business entities - the document on sale and purchase;
- a copy of a seaworthiness certificate (if available) or a certificate of inspection prior to registration;
- a copy of a mortgage agreement or certificate of non-encumbrance;
- a document confirming payment of fees for registration of the vessel in the Ship Book of Ukraine and the execution of shipping documents;
- a copy of the document confirming the identity of the owner and his nationality (if vessel is owned by natural person);
- a document attesting of exclusion of the ship from the previous registry by the registration authority (if a ship has been previously registered).
Copies of the documents shall be certified by a notary at the place of vessel registration or by authorities that have carried out their execution and release.
The term for consideration of application is 5 days.
After registration of the vessel the owner shall receive the following documents:
- a ship's letter;
- a certificate of registered mortgages, if there is an appropriate application of the owner, mortgagee or mortgagor.
The ship gets the right to fly the national flag of Ukraine after her registration in the Ship Book of Ukraine and receiving the ship's letter.