Maritime & Shipping
Shipping is one of the key practice areas of the law firm RABOMIZO. In this field, we have many years' experience.
Our lawyers are highly experienced in consultation and interests’ representation of the clients among which are shipowners, charterers, forwarding companies, ports, terminals, shipbuilding and repair yards, seafarers and their family members.
RABOMIZO lawyers successfully solved various tasks in shipping: from consultation on contractual matters concerning sale&purchase, construction and chartering of yachts and vessels up to the assistance in salvage operations and representation of the clients’ interests in international arbitration courts.
Denys Rabomizo, attorney-at-law and partner of RABOMIZO, has been recommended by Who’s Who Legal CIS as one of the leading lawyers in the field of shipping.
RABOMIZO renders the following key legal services in this area of practice:
- counseling as to sale and purchase, leasing and chartering of vessels (yachts, small crafts) and their registration in Ukraine and abroad;
- conclusion of various agreements in the field of merchant shipping (towage and salvage agreements, contract of affreightment, time charter, bareboat charter, contracts for the employment of security guards on vessels (GUARDCON and others), transportation of goods, passengers and luggage, the contract of marine insurance, including P&I insurance, etc.);
- advising on the application and implementation of international agreements in Ukraine (UNCLOS, SOLAS, MARPOL, Maritime Labor Convention 2006, international agreements concerning ship arrest, maritime liens, and mortgages);
- registration of international line shipping in Ukraine and its legal support;
- advising on navigation in inland waterways (the carrier's liability, insurance, transportation of goods, etc.);
- advising on environmental pollution;
- settlement of issues related to insured events, general average, vessel collision, damage to port facilities;
- legal support of economic activity at maritime and river ports of Ukraine;
- assistance in vessel demolition (RECYCLECON and other agreements);
- legal assistance in building and repair of ships and yachts both in Ukraine and abroad;
- maritime claims handling and recovery;
- a release of vessel and crew from detention (arrest);
- advising on piracy;
- marine insurance in Ukraine and elsewhere, P&I insurance;
- legal services to seafarers and their families (assistance in dealing with situations involving death or personal injury on board, recovery of wages and other obligatory payments, etc.);
- settlement of disputes arising out of contracts of carriage by sea, affreightment, bunkering, salvage, in maritime and international arbitrations (LMAA, MAC at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, MAC at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation, ad hoc arbitration, and others).